Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Last Stand



Anyone who has been in my company for longer than 5 minutes knows that I am a major Arnold Schwarzenegger fan. He has been my hero since I was a yay high. When all the other 5 year old girls were watching Bambi and Pippy Long Stockings I was watching the big man in all his awesome glory in Terminator 2 and Total Recall. I would laugh at his one liners and just be in total awe of this giant man with the biggest muscles I had ever seen who spoke like a cutie-pie. Could not stand Terminator 1 though, he could only ever by the hero, never the villain, except when he played Mr Freeze because lets face it that was great. 

Now The Last Stand... Arnie's comeback movie. I had the biggest grin on my face when I first saw the big man drive into his first scene. Utter glee and excitement filled me and stayed there for the next 107 minutes. Now Arnie hasn't been the leading man since Terminator 3 in 2003. So after 10 years he is understandably rusty. But that's fine, he'll fall back into the swing of things quickly enough. The movie was just your run of the mill action flick, entertaining enough but full of cliché's. Seriously... every character, the plot, the script and the action sequences were totally unoriginal so I really don't need to go into it more than that. BUT I loved it. Of course I did, Arnie was in it and that's all I need to give a bad movie a big Austrian thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment